Saturday, January 01, 2011

The old and the new

It was confirmed that my MG TF's engine was seized. Apparently, the water pipes running under the body from the radiator to the engine (in the middle) had pinhole-sized points from where the water has leaked. I hadn't noticed the rise in temperature at the time, and the engine seized. Here is a photo of the head area.


Fortunately, I have an English friend who lives nearby who is a very keen MG enthusiast. He has bought the MG from me, and will bring over from England a wrecked MGF that he already owns. that MGF was involved in an accident, and was a write-off. However, its engine is in fine shape, and is the same type as in my MG TF. Being an engineer, and very practical, he'll transplant the engine into my old one, creating an MG TF in excellent condition.

I've already found a replacement MG TF through my friend Dennis Hallas. He lives in Chepstow, Wales. He found a 2004 MG TF Sunstorm. The "Sunstorm" name indicates that it has a hard top, as well as a soft top. Here is a photo:


It is due to be checked by the AA, which I joined last week. It has already had a Data Check, which it passed. Next Tuesday it will have a comprehensive inspection. If all is well, I hope to travel back with Dennis on the 14th January, when he returns from a fleeting visit to France, and take delivery of the car on the next day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Lavausseau, France

No comments: