Monday, March 28, 2005

Garden Benches

Today I unpacked two knock-down garden benches I bought at B&Q. The first was put together without a hitch, but the second was trouble from the start. There were 6 slats of the same length, instead of 5 plus one of a shorter length. I sawed one of them down, but was then faced with drilling holes in the ends to accommodate the dowels and special fixings provided. It was not a job I relished, as precision was required. I had to use some angle plates instead, securing them with my own screws. What a palaver! I had a similar problem with a Futon bought from Ikea, where one of the special fixings was broken. We called Ikea in the UK, and they sent a replacement in the mail fairly promptly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought France was far enough to get away from B&Q. Instead you took B&Q wuth you to France... what is there to expect other han a palaver?!

Anonymous said...

Man... I normally spell better than that :-)