Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mishaps happen

So all I was doing was bending over to drop a chlorine tablet into the pool skimmer basket. The tablet dropped in, closely followed by my Sony Ericsson T630 that had slipped out of my breast pocket. Quickly it was fished out, and immediately examined to check the functionality. It was dead. So I waited a couple of days for it to dry out, and then I was delighted to find that it worked again. Well, almost. The connection to my PC, via a serial port that I use for synchronizing with Lotus Organizer, did not respond. But then, I reasoned, I really don't have many contacts and appointments to maintain anymore - I'm retired after all. So, maybe it doesn't matter any more.

Incidentally, I use a prepay SIM card from the UK. So long as I use the phone at least once within six months, it will stay active indefinitely with the money I paid up front. In France you can only charge up a prepay account for set amounts, starting at 15 Euros, that expire after two months. So, infrequent use can be costly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK then, I expect a call once every six months :-)

Borzou