Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A gruelling start

I have had a battery of tests, and the most interesting result is that my breathing is 40% below the normal level. My diet, which is halfway through with another 10kgs to go, will help enormously. A good Body Mass Index of 25, combined with daily exercise of walking and/or cycling will be able to improve the breathing by 20 - 25%, so I am told. So the odds are good, and I am determined to succeed. The food at La Clinique is just right for a diet - I just can't eat some of the food, as I find it repulsive, so the diet is well on course. The people here are mostly aged and very overweight, so I feel quite chipper being around them. None of them seem to be on a diet, as they take massive servings of everything.

Today the weather changed from full sunshine to heavy snow, which has blanketed everywhere. You can see pictures of what the place and the environs look like at this website.

No comments: