Saturday, November 14, 2015

IBM's Trusteer Rapport

I posted the following comment on a NatWest Forum on this topic.

"I don't understand why IBM had to wait for three weeks before releasing a version that was compatible with El Capitan. Furthermore, on the 21st October, when it was released, no automatic update was pushed to Macs. Why didn't IBM or NatWest at the least communicate with Users to explain what was happening, and point out the risks of online banking without the protection of Trusteer during this time? For a security product to provide zero protection to millions of Users, through the auspices of IBM and NatWest, is staggering. I suspect that most Mac users who have upgraded to El Capitan are still unaware that they have abandoned protection by upgrading to El Capitan.

I have raised this as a complaint with NatWest already, and have been told that IBM Trusteer is owned by a third party supplier to NatWest, and they are unable to investigate further. So this means that NatWest is taking no proactive lead in this matter and is content to leave IBM to take all the blame. Well, I believe NatWest's lack of concern is diabolical, and I wouldn't be surprised if it attracts a lot of negative publicity.

Of course, if I have my facts wrong, I will be very pleased to stand corrected."

No comments: