Saturday, November 14, 2015

IBM's Trusteer Rapport

I wrote to NatWest bank to complain about the security product they were promoting, and the fact that for 3 weeks the software provided no protection to Mac users who had upgraded to El Capitan. Yesterday I received this reply:


Dear Mr Sefton 
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and for being so patient while I have been investigating your complaint.
My Investigation
My understanding of your complaint is that you have discovered that IBM Trusteer Rapport software, was not installed on your Mac anymore. You contacted IBM and was told the Rapport Software did not comply with the latest version of the MAC OS, El Capitan, and the newest version of Safari. 
I have looked into this issue and found out the following information: I am unfortunately unable to investigate this matter further, as the Rapport Software is provided by Trusteer IBM as a third party supplier to NatWest. 
My Response
I have contacted Trusteer IBM and been advised if you wish to take this matter forward either to receive technical support or to make a complaint regarding this. You are able to contact –
I have been advised by contacting this department at Trusteer IBM they will be able to address this matter for you. 
If you are unhappy with my decision you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), free of charge, but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.  If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.  For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.  
I have enclosed a leaflet providing further details of the FOS.  You can also find further information at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If there is anything further that you would like to bring to my attention that has not already been considered or if anything mentioned is incorrect, you can speak to me or a member of my team on 07432791184, or on the numbers quoted above between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Calls may be recorded.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment you can call us on Minicom 0800 917 0527. You must have Minicom facilities to use this service.
Yours sincerely

Justine Dalton
Customer Service Team


I am now considering my position before responding to NatWest. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please feel fee to comment.

No comments: