Sunday, October 25, 2015

IBM's Trusteer Rapport

A gripe I have concerns the NatWest bank’s security software that they offer to install on the browsers of Macs and Windows PCs. I noticed that the icon that used to be displayed in Safari that signified the presence of the software protection was not evident. So I contacted the publishers who happen to be IBM. The software is called Trusteer Rapport. They told me that the version of the software that was compatible with the latest version of OSX (El Capitan) had been released on the 21st October. This means that the millions of customers that use it have been unprotected for three weeks. So I told them that the Update released on the 21st October had not automatically downloaded to my Mac. So, it seems, they would not have known the Mac users were unprotected until I told them.  I have also complained to NatWest about this, as I’m sure they were unaware of this too. If you are a Mac user, please check this out before you engage in Online Banking via Safari.

No comments: